20 students make all region choir

Demi Davenport, Staff Reporter

Earlier this month, choir students auditioned for the Region 25 choir. These students have put in their time and hard work to get where they are today.

“These are our best results in several years,” choir teacher, Mrs. Cindy Johnson, said. “20 students made a choir in this highly competitive region.”

Mrs. Johnson has worked elongated hours to prepare these talented students for what’s to come.

“We had to learn three songs to audition for the region choir,” senior, Nina Orozco, said. “Two weren’t even in English.”

Twenty choir students got chose into the different categories, freshmen mixed honor choir, treble honor choir, and Top mixed region choir.

“I think it doesn’t matter what category they make,” junior, Brenna Whitten, said. “They should be proud of their achievement.”

The singers who were chosen for the freshman honor choir are Emma Shields, Kennedy Worman, Carl Codoy, Austin Henery and Aidan Smith.

“All the hard work is worth it in the end,” Nina said. “You can look back at what you’ve achieved and it makes you feel good about yourself.” Says.

Jordan Keiser, Morgan Holmes, Brenna Whitten, Nina Orozco, and Kendall Vela were excited to be chosen into the Treble Honor choir.

“Making Region choir is a huge honor,” Brenna said. “When singing at such a competitive level, it’s easy to doubt yourself and your abilities. Having that affirmation of making such a high level choir is awesome.”