AP biology now offered to freshmen

Anne Penprase

Brows bent with concentration, the AP biology students are working hard in the new addition of the college level course offered for freshmen.

As of the 2014-15 school year, freshmen are offered the chance to take AP biology, and freshman, Paxtyn Bliven, has already grown accustomed to the stark differences of the classes.

“I know it’s a lot more advanced that than the other classes,” Paxtyn said. “We have a lot more material coming at once and we learn a lot faster,” “

Just because the material is coming at the students at a faster pace, it is not necessarily a problem.

“She teaches it in a really good way,” Paxtyn said. “We always have good stuff in the material.”

There are advantages attached with joining an AP class during freshman year.

“I do enjoy AP bio because a lot of my friends are in there from my other classes,” Paxtyn said. “So it’s easy to learn and we do a lot of group activities,”

Although the class can be enjoyable, the decision to take an AP class can be difficult due to the advancement of the curriculum.

“I chose AP bio because it completed my schedule since I’m in GT everything,” Paxtyn said. “It is helping to get me farther ahead so I cam graduate early,”

The addition of this AP class being offered to freshmen allows students to be better prepared for future AP classes.

“Yeah I will be able to pass, because I am more accustomed to what its like,” Paxtyn said. “So it will just be easier to take those classes later ,”